acoustic

Best show, worst show, no show...

Re: acoustic

Postby hawk » Thu May 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Great stuff Julius.
Great shame there wasn't a few more people there - hopefully that will improve as time moves on.
See you and Stote on Tuesday.

hawk :D :D
hawk

Postby julius » Sat May 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah, the band are getting better each night. It is all new, threesome, acoustic but each night it improves, more energy, more chemistry. Bittersweet remains a tough one, we get a different version each night . last night in Oss John started the song. sadly in Oss there were only 30 or so in the audience in a hall for 500 or so. And most of the other 28 spectators (besides stote and me) last night were 17-year old girls and they were as all 17-year old females all over the world predominantly busy with themselves. Strangely enough the girls knew most of the songs, knew the members names of the band; so they were fans but they were too busy chasing each other, following each other. It is strange in Nijmegen the crowd was full of old men, like us... and last night all these young girls. Paul had its usual humour pointing the audience the stones were old men "just like us". Setlist was rougly the same as in Nijmegen. Get over you is one of my favourites but have to admit I quite like the stones and velvet-cover as well.
julius

Postby katepilk » Sun May 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Can anyone tell me where we are meeting up before the gig? I don't know where to go etc. Arriving in Amsterdam at 4.10 staying at Apple hotel.
Look forward to seeing you all
Kate xx :D
katepilk

Postby moondogs19 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:17 am

see stote's suggestion:
What about Momo, on the ground floor of the Park Hotel, junction of Stadhouderskade and Hobbemastraat? That's where the beautiful people meet........ www.momo-amsterdam.com. Alternatively there's loads of touristy bars in the Leidseplein, there's one Irish one on the Korte Leidsedwarsstraat side of the square, but they're all much of a muchness.stote007
moondogs19

Postby moondogs19 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:18 am

it is just a few 100 yars from the pradiso, I hope to arrive there, just after 4
moondogs19

Postby moondogs19 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 am

it is just a few 100 yards from the paradiso, leave the paradiso to the left and go left cross the bridge. hawke and stote will be there as well, presumably
moondogs19

Postby moondogs19 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:38 am

Band getting better each night. It is new for them and Paul has got to play guitar. last night in Rotterdam indeed was a cracker, they played small hall of Watt(used to be called Nighttown)in Rotterdam. And the hall was pretty well filled, with people dancing and Paul at one time jumping in the audience and dancing as well. Jimmyjimmy and HCTS were played. the new song was played, dont follow me down, an other John-GEM. Bittersweet was dropped. I think the band were fed up with all these different versions they came up with each night. It probably is a too diverse song.
moondogs19

Postby Wayne » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Momo it is. My flight is at 7am so may need strong coffee. Suggest Jimmy hats so that we blend in as it sounds a tad sophisticated.

http://www.instakilt.co.uk/prod_img/jimmy_hat_large.jpg
Wayne

Postby moondogs19 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:07 am

another top night in amsterdam, wellfilled upstairsroom of paradiso, which always suffer from bad sound-quality. Band growing each night. More extravert, more confidence. A 4th musician was added, Kevin Sharkey (not related I believe) was a percussionist. It added to the sound. It could be my imagination but I have the feeling the songs get louder and faster each night. Roughly the same set as in Rotterdam with jimmyjimmy amd 3stepstoheaven played as an encore. The PereUbu song reappearing and Bittersweet seems to have been dropped. The song is too multi-interpretative for musicians I presume. Tonight Utrecht hopefully better sound, we should hear more of Kevin’s percussion. It might be too obvious to say but TK was my favourite last night.
moondogs19

Postby moondogs19 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:37 pm

another great gig in Utrecht. Set was more laidback as on previous nights, perfect soundquality, a whole lot better as the previous night. Especially Kevin’s percussion could be heard clearly. Nice packed hall but the Utrecht audiences (I grew up there) always confuse coolness with shyness and cynicism, still the band got a good reception. Roughly the same set as previous nights. My favourite? Thrill me! The encore was playin with fire by the stones if I remember correctly. Also big applause for I kissed Charles who played a brilliant set and found new fans in the Undertones. They will be over to Ireland.
moondogs19

PreviousNext

Return to Live shows