Bingley Music Live - 4 Sept 09

Best show, worst show, no show...

Bingley Music Live - 4 Sept 09

Postby linds61 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Just heard on local TV news that the Undertones are playing the Bingley Music Live event - and it's a FREE concert on Friday 4 September :D Toploader and a U2 tribute (!??!) supporting. Rest of line up for the w/e sounds pretty good 2 - although you have to pay for that!

Re: Bingley Music Live - 4 Sept 09

Postby JackieG » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:12 pm

Well thats two gigs to go to , my summer is looking up.
Lindsay is that you?????

Postby True Believer » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:13 am

Anyone any idea what time the mighty 'tones are due to play on the Friday at Bingley ??

True Believer

Postby PhilofLeeds » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:18 pm

Just found out about this gig.

1/2 an hour max from where I live.

First time to see them since the last (Positive Touch) tour.

I am sooooooo :D excited. I'm also taking my 14 year old daughter. The pride in passing The Undertones onto my kids is immense.

Postby Derek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait. See you all there! :D

Postby Terrier » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:43 am

Awesome gig last night, despite being ankle deep in mud at the front. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and a lot of the younger end of audience were commenting on the quality of this band.

Having seen a few bands in the past year, it makes you realise just how GOOD the band are. Hopefully more gigs will be on the way soon.

Hello to the 3 guys from Wales and many thanks to the band for signing some nerdy stalker's dressing room sign !!

Postby yorkie » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:37 am

Yup, FANTASTIC gig last night, as terrier says the younger end of audience were really up for it, lots of new fans of the band,The band ere really enjoying themselves, must have been a great site from the stage big crown with the full mooon above the heads on a buitifull evening the bands tomorrow are gonna have to be at thier very best to beat last night Undertones set,

thanks for a great show lads, and hope you do some more gigs over here real soon

"Wednesday Week" will do Ive got time off from work lol

edit edit Blooming heck I missed the gig at the Cockpit in Leeds in July

Postby linds61 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Wot can I add. Fantastic gig on Friday - don't know how many were there 20K possibly? I love festivals! Met up with George and Derek and got near front. Mud was fun - although particularly problematic for Jump Boys!! Thank god for wellies!! The reception the band got was brilliant - younger kids soon cottoned on to Here Comes the Summer chorus and everyone went mental for TK (got some video of that which I'll try to post if I can work out how to). 2 encores - and remember being in the middle at the front with a guy with mud on his face singing Mars Bars - don't know if that was anyone from on here but it was a brilliant ending. Even the moon came out for Toploader's hit, and the food was good too! Watching the kids belly flop in the mud water at the end just topped it off. Cracking evening :D

Postby PhilofLeeds » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:09 pm

As above from everyone else. The boys were awesome.

As per my post below, it was the first time I've seen them since the final tour of the heyday, so wasn't sure what to expect - both from them and from myself.Took my 14 year old girl, to show her what Daddy's been blithering on about for the last few years. She was well up for it and got herself a Tones t-shirt beforehand.

Audience was a wide mix, and at the front were a mix of local lads and quite a few blokes old enough to know better but dusted off their dancing boots of 20-25 years ago. Plus loads of Glasto style mud !!!

I have to say they were SUPERB!!!!!!! Just fantastic. Everything came flooding back for me, and I ended up with a sore throat afterwards !! We reached the front barrier, right in the middle, after two women got pulled out in front of us about two songs before TK (about halfway thru), which was just awesome.

They did an over an hour and played 'everything'. From 'Jimmy Jimmy' intro to 'Mars Bars' encore they were just amazing. Did a check on the way home and it was almost the whole of Anthology plus DYD and Here comes the Rain. Need to check but I would guess it was most of the first two albums (which of course we all know are just THE BUSINESS).

Highlights for me were Get Over You, TK, Jump Boys, Male Model, Yu got my Number and if I'm not mistaken they played Family Entertainment twice.

Showed today's kids what a proper band with brilliant tunes is like. My daughter thought they were excellent too.

If the boys are reading this - thank you to all of you. A brilliant night of great songs, well played. Please come back to Leeds again very soon. You brought my youth back to me for over an hour, I couldn't stop singing and smiling watching you. You were brilliant - and a 14 year old girl (who does know her Ramones from her Rianna) who hasn't seen anything similar was sooo chuffed about the whole evening.

There's a few blurred pics on my facebook ( ... 301&ref=mf). Sorry, the camera was out of juice when we got there :cry: so these are off my mobile.

(Linds - must have been very close to you as we watched the mudsliders too)

Postby Sire » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:46 am

After reading the above reviews of Bingley, it just makes the waiting for a new UK tour even more unbearable.

It sounded awesome!

Come on lads, please announce some UK dates soon....

Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61

Return to Live shows