A Thread to Highlight NEW Bands to check out...

One you've heard The Undertones can you really listen to anything else!

A Thread to Highlight NEW Bands to check out...

Postby Sire » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:01 am

This forum is great for talking around all the great stuff from the late 70's and the 80's... but the volume of posts are not great, hence I thought it might be worth also sharing and highlighting some new bands from the Punk, Mod, Power-Pop genre, that many may not have heard about.

Hence I will submit my 1st offering...
An outfit called "THE Q"

Came across them, when I was checking out bands who are supporting the upcoming "FROM THE JAM" tour.
There are half a dozen tunes on their web page. Check them out, I Like them a lot!!!

You can see clearly where their influences lie, especially in some of the intros (which to be honest I found a little corny)... but they certainly delivered after that!

Sire (Mark)
Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61

Re: A Thread to Highlight NEW Bands to check out...

Postby Phil » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:41 am

Good idea for a thread -
Local to me is an artist Alex Body who I can't seem to help but like. Strange because he sounds like Bowie meets Steve Harley meets loads of other 70s stuff.

Some demos available to listen to on his myspace thing -

Also here for download (generous thing) http://www.alexbody.com/

Re: A Thread to Highlight NEW Bands to check out...

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:22 pm

I asked THE Q about a gig in Brittany but i couldn't agree because they wanted 1.200 £ (!) i'm not a promoter just a fan and no one know the band in Brittany. Anyways It's a great band and the 10" inch EP is 'record of the month' at the ModPopPunk Archives!
...another the band i like a lot is THE STEADY BOYS, they should be play in Brittany soon...

Return to Other bands and other music